Getting treatment for benzodiazepine addiction can be intimidating, but it is essential to ending the cycle of addiction and entering lasting recovery. Fortunately, there are many treatment options available depending on the severity of your addiction and your needs. If you’re ready to take back control of your life and free yourself from benzodiazepine dependence, contact Foundations San Francisco. Call 415.854.6735 or reach out to us online to learn more about our substance abuse treatment programs and how we could help.
Do You Need Benzo Addiction Treatment?
Benzodiazepines, also known as “benzos,” are a type of prescription medication commonly used to treat anxiety, insomnia, seizures, and other conditions. These medications work by slowing down the central nervous system (CNS) so that it can more effectively regulate arousal states like anxiety and fear. Commonly prescribed benzos include Xanax (alprazolam), Valium (diazepam), Ativan (lorazepam), and Klonopin (clonazepam). While benzos are highly effective at treating a variety of conditions, they can be habit-forming when used for long periods of time.
When you or someone you care about is struggling with benzodiazepine addiction, it can be difficult to know when the time has come for addiction treatment. Here are a few signs that may indicate that professional help is needed:
- Continuing use of benzodiazepines despite negative consequences
- Unsuccessful attempts to reduce or stop using on one’s own
- The inability to control the amount of benzos taken
- Significant changes in behavior due to drug use
- Cravings and withdrawal symptoms when not taking benzos
- Needing increasingly larger doses of benzos in order to achieve desired effects
- Using benzos as a way to cope with emotions such as depression, anxiety, or stress
If you or someone you care about is exhibiting these signs, it may be time to consider seeking professional help. Addiction treatment programs can provide the necessary support and resources needed for a successful recovery.
What Happens in a Benzo Addiction Rehab Program?
A benzo addiction rehab program follows a multi-step approach to helping individuals overcome their substance abuse issues. The first step is usually a period of detoxification, where all remaining traces of the drug are removed from the body and withdrawal symptoms managed. Following this, patients undergo therapy sessions to help them address underlying psychological issues that may have led to or perpetuated their addiction. This can include cognitive-behavioral therapy, as well as educational and life skills classes designed to help equip them with the tools they need to achieve long-term sobriety and success in life post-rehabilitation.
Finally, follow-up support groups are often available to those who have successfully completed treatment, helping to keep individuals on the right track and providing an outlet for any feelings of anxiety or stress that may arise. Holistic therapies and aftercare services also play an important role in the recovery process. Ultimately, each program is tailored to the individual’s specific needs and circumstances to create the most effective treatment plan possible.
In conclusion, benzo addiction rehab programs provide those struggling with substance abuse issues with comprehensive care that addresses both physical and psychological aspects of their condition to achieve positive outcomes. With continued dedication from both patient and clinician alike, these treatments can provide individuals with the necessary tools for long-term sobriety and success.
The Benefits of Getting Help for Benzo Addiction
When someone is struggling with benzo addiction, the care and support provided by a professional treatment program can be invaluable. There are many benefits to seeking treatment for benzodiazepine abuse. Some of the most significant benefits include:
- Medical detoxification – Medical detoxification provides more effective and comfortable withdrawal management than attempting do-it-yourself detox methods. Withdrawal symptoms from benzodiazepines can be intense and even life-threatening in some cases, so it’s advised to let medical professionals handle the process.
- A supportive environment – Professional treatment programs provide a supportive environment that encourages therapeutic growth. This enables individuals to work through their issues while having people who understand and care about them along the way.
- Therapeutic strategies – Treatment centers offer a variety of therapies that are designed to help individuals recover from addiction. This includes cognitive-behavioral therapy, group and family counseling, holistic approaches, and other types of activities that promote healing.
- Improved coping skills – Professional treatment programs also allow someone struggling with benzo addiction to learn positive coping skills that can be useful in their daily life after rehab is finished. This may include learning how to manage triggers, dealing with stress, developing positive relationships, and other important strategies.
- Reduced risk of relapse – Individuals who complete a treatment program tend to have higher recovery and long-term sobriety success rates than those who don’t.
By getting the help they need for benzo addiction, individuals can reclaim their lives and start building a healthier future. Professional treatment programs have the resources necessary to create an individualized recovery plan that can give the highest chances of long-term success
Find Benzo Addiction Treatment in San Francisco, CA, at Foundations
If you or someone you care about is addicted to benzodiazepines, it’s important to get the right treatment as soon as possible. Benzodiazepine addiction can lead to dangerous medical complications if left untreated and can also interfere with overall quality of life.
To learn more about benzo addiction treatment in San Francisco, contact Foundations. Call 415.854.6735, or fill out our online form and let us get back to you. Take the first step toward recovery today.