Prescription drug addiction treatment is integral to addressing the opioid crisis in America. Individuals suffering from prescription drug abuse need to seek help in order to overcome their addiction and lead healthier, more productive lives. Treatment options vary depending on the individual’s needs and preferences and can help individuals break the cycle of addiction and achieve long-term success in recovery.
If you are looking for a prescription drug rehab program in San Francisco, CA, consider Foundations. Call us at 415.854.6735 or reach out online to learn about our substance abuse treatment programs and how we can help.
Knowing When to Get Help for Prescription Drug Abuse
Even when taking prescription medication as prescribed, there is a risk of dependence and addiction. Prescription drug misuse is a growing public health concern that has serious implications for individuals and communities.
If you are concerned about prescription drug misuse, it’s important to recognize when to seek help. The following are signs that you need assistance in dealing with this problem:
- You find yourself using more of the medication than prescribed by your doctor or using it for reasons other than what was intended
- You start experiencing withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, depression, restlessness, or nausea when not taking the medication
- You become preoccupied with obtaining and using the drugs and cannot focus on anything else
- You begin engaging in risky behaviors such as driving while under the influence or attempting to obtain the drug illegally
- You find yourself having financial difficulties due to an excessive amount of money being spent on medication
- You experience changes in relationships and/or behaviors as a result of using the drug, leading to arguments and conflicts with family and friends
If any of these signs sound familiar, it is important that you seek help. With the right kind of care and support, you can learn healthy ways to manage your addiction and take control of your life once again.
What to Expect in a Prescription Drug Rehab Program
Prescription drug rehab programs are designed to provide comprehensive care for people struggling with addiction. Treatment plans involve personalized services tailored to the individual’s needs, such as medical monitoring, detoxification, counseling, therapy, and relapse prevention strategies. By providing a supportive environment in which to recover from substance abuse and developing skills that promote lasting sobriety, these programs offer hope and healing for those who are ready to turn their lives around. With proper care and support, it is possible to break free from prescription drug addiction and achieve long-term recovery.
Therapies used in prescription drug rehab programs include cognitive-behavioral therapy which helps patients change their behaviors related to drug use by identifying triggers and developing coping skills for dealing with them, family therapy which helps families understand how addiction affects them and how best to support recovery, and group therapy, which offers peer support and education about addiction. Additionally, many programs provide medication management as part of the treatment plan, which involves prescribing and adjusting medications to help reduce cravings or alleviate withdrawal symptoms.
Completing a prescription drug rehab program can lead to improved physical and mental health, increased quality of life, and better relationships with family, friends, and colleagues. Achieving long-term sobriety is often possible with the right treatment and support. With the help of a prescription drug rehab program, individuals can begin to take control of their addiction and build a healthier life.
Why Is Professional Treatment for Prescription Drug Addiction So Important?
Prescription drug addiction can have serious consequences, both physically and psychologically. Professional treatment is the best way to manage and overcome this addiction for long-term sobriety. Here are some of the most significant benefits of professional treatment:
- Improved physical health – Professional treatment helps to mitigate the damage caused by prescription drug abuse while restoring health. This includes identifying any underlying physical conditions that may have contributed to the addiction in the first place.
- Psychological support – Professional treatment provides necessary psychological support through counseling sessions. The types of therapy utilized in an individual’s treatment plan focus on teaching healthy coping skills and strategies for managing cravings and preventing relapse.
- Supportive environment – Professional treatment allows individuals to experience help and support away from their current environment, which may have contributed to the addiction. This new, supportive environment provides a solid foundation for recovery and healing.
- Access to resources – Professional treatment also provides access to helpful resources like self-help groups, medication-assisted treatments, and peer support networks that help individuals stay sober in the long run.
With the right help, those struggling with prescription drug addiction can recover and live a fulfilling life free from substance abuse. It is important to seek professional help as soon as possible for better outcomes.
Find Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment in San Francisco, CA, at Foundations
Prescription drug addiction can be devastating for both those struggling with it and their loved ones. Treatment is available, however, and the first step is seeking professional help. If you or a loved one are suffering from prescription drug addiction, there is hope. Contact Foundations San Francisco at 415.854.6735 or online today to get the help you need.