Opiate addiction rehab programs are designed to help individuals struggling with addiction to opiates like heroin and prescription painkillers. We understand the physical, psychological, and emotional challenges of overcoming an addiction, and we strive to create a comfortable, respectful, and supportive environment for those in our program.
Our approach is comprehensive, combining evidence-based methods with traditional treatment approaches to ensure a successful transition into recovery. Contact Foundations San Francisco today to learn more about our substance abuse treatment programs. Call 415.854.6735 or reach out to us online.
Do You Need Opiate Addiction Treatment?
Opiates include heroin, codeine, morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, methadone, and Vicodin. They are usually prescribed as part of a treatment plan for chronic or acute pain relief. However, even when taken as prescribed, they can be highly addictive due to their euphoric properties. In addition to providing short-term pain relief, opiate use can also lead to long-term changes in the brain’s chemistry that cause addiction over time. When abused or misused, these drugs can have serious consequences that include physical dependence, tolerance, and even death.
When it comes to opiate addiction, there may be several signs that it’s time to seek help. Here are some of the reasons why an individual should consider getting treatment for opioid dependence:
- They have tried to stop using opioids but can’t seem to stay away from them
- They find themself taking more and more opioids in order to feel good or ‘normal’
- They are feeling depressed or anxious due to their opioid use or are using opiates to self-medicate
- Their relationships with family and friends have been affected by their use of opioids
- Their performance at work has suffered as a result of their opioid use
- They have experienced financial problems because of their drug habit
- They experience withdrawal symptoms when they try to cut back on or stop using opioids
- They have started to engage in risky behaviors, such as driving under the influence of opioids
If any of these signs sound familiar, it may be time to seek help for your opioid addiction. With the proper treatment and support, it is possible to live a life free from opioid dependence.
What Happens in an Opiate Addiction Rehab Program?
The goal of an opiate addiction rehab program is to help individuals develop the skills needed to live a healthier, substance-free life. Many different facets of treatment may be included in a comprehensive rehab program designed for those struggling with opiate addiction. One component of opiate addiction rehab programs is medication-assisted treatment (MAT). MAT combines medical care and therapy with medications, such as methadone or buprenorphine, to reduce opioid cravings so people can focus on making positive lifestyle changes. Many programs also offer detox services for those who need medically supervised withdrawal from opioids.
In addition to MAT and detox, therapy is used to treat opiate addiction. This includes individual counseling sessions and group therapy with other individuals in recovery. Therapy helps individuals learn how to cope with the physical and psychological effects of opioid addiction. Finally, aftercare services are offered to provide continued support once a person has completed their rehab program. Aftercare is essential for helping people maintain long-term sobriety.
By providing comprehensive care that combines MAT, detox, therapy, and aftercare services, an opiate addiction rehab program can offer individuals the tools they need for a successful recovery.
Why Getting Professional Help for Opiate Addiction Is Important
Getting professional help for opiate addiction is one of the best steps a person can take toward reclaiming their life and achieving lasting sobriety. Opiate addiction is a serious health issue that affects millions of people around the world, and it requires professional intervention from trained professionals in order to be effectively treated. Here are some of the key benefits of getting professional help with opiate addiction:
- Comprehensive treatment plans – A personalized treatment plan tailored to your individual needs will be developed for you during your time in a rehab program. This comprehensive plan considers all aspects of your recovery journey, including physical, mental, and emotional healing, and ensures you receive the right kind of care for sustained recovery.
- Access to medical supervision – Professional help with opiate addiction includes medical supervision throughout the detox process. This helps ensure that withdrawal symptoms can be managed and monitored, providing you with a comfortable and monitored environment in which to begin your recovery journey.
- Specialized treatment options – Professional help with opiate addiction may include specialized treatment options such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, group or individual counseling, 12-step programs, and medication management, all designed to address the underlying causes of addiction and help build healthier coping skills.
- Aftercare planning – A successful recovery requires more than just getting through detox and treatment; it requires having a plan in place for ongoing sobriety. Addiction treatment centers offer aftercare services such as relapse prevention counseling and support groups to help you maintain your sobriety once you leave treatment.
Getting professional help for opiate addiction is essential for anyone looking to recover from this potentially life-threatening substance abuse disorder. With comprehensive care plans, specialized treatments, and aftercare planning, rehab provides those struggling with opiate addiction with the tools they need to reclaim their lives and achieve sustained sobriety.
Find Opiate Addiction Treatment in San Francisco, CA, at Foundations
Addiction to opiates is a serious, life-threatening condition that requires treatment from dedicated professionals to overcome. Most opiate addictions can be successfully managed with comprehensive treatment programs and the proper support. Don’t wait to get help. If you’re looking for opiate addiction treatment in San Francisco, call Foundations at 415.854.6735 or fill out our online contact form.